Welcome to Fitness Republic
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Fitness Republic and becoming part of our growing family. We hope you’ll feel right at home.
Passionate about you
Here at Fitness Republic, we’re passionate about helping everybody reach their goals. Our venue is friendly and relaxed, and our team are a dedicated bunch of fitness and wellbeing professionals. We’re here to guide and support you on your unique fitness journey.
What should you do first?
- Firstly, congratulate yourself. You’ve started your personal journey to fulfilling your fitness and wellbeing goals. Well done.
- Take a look at our class timetable and join one of our popular fitness classes. Remember you can bring a friend who’s not a member – they can simply pay as they go.
- Please sign in and out of the club each time you come to the gym or a class, using your barcode via smartphone or key tag.
- Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get all the latest information about Fitness Republic and its members.
- Let your friends try us out too – they can take advantage of our 7-day pass, included in your pack.
- You can book your classes via our smartphone app, please see a member of staff to help you set this up. Alternatively, you can book classes at reception at any time.
And most importantly, if you need any support or advice at all, please just ask. Our team are here to help.
Beginning your journey
All new members are strongly advised to take part in a basic gym induction. If you have used a gym before, we would still urge you to have an induction as all equipment varies. The free induction is included in your membership package.
Free Personal Fitness Programmes
We would encourage all members to book in with one of our friendly instructors for a personalised fitness programme. Our instructors will work with you to design a program to meet your needs and help you achieve your goals. We recommend that your programme is reviewed every 6-8 weeks. This will encourage you to continue with your fitness and wellbeing experience, and provide fresh motivation. Our Personal Fitness programmes are included in your membership.
We offer a variety of fitness classes each week to strengthen, relax and revive your body and mind. Push yourself to the limit in one of our group Spin Classes or high intensity Classes. Or if you prefer a gentler approach, why not try a mat based class like Yoga or Pilates.
A timetable is including in the pack. Booking is always advisable for all classes. You can book a class by using our app, in person through our Reception or by calling 01530 413330. Our fitness classes are also open to non-members – so feel free to bring along your friends.
If it is your first time in a class, please let our instructor know, they will be able to advise on the
class format and give you any other information you may need.
Want to tone up or lose weight quickly? Build muscle? Get your pre-baby figure back? Need help to recover from an injury or build core strength?
We offer a variety of Personal Training (PT) packages to all our members. Speak to a member of our team for more information or to book your free 30-minute PT trial session. A personal trainer is solely focused on you and your specific goals. This will help you focus and get the desired results quick.
Your trainer will dedicate their time to get to know you and develop an individual programme for you, based on your body and goals. And it’s not just exercise, food plays a massive part too. We have qualified nutrition coaches on our team who can develop a bespoke food plan for you and offer advice on your lifestyle/diet.
The Fitness Republic Body Transformation Plans are exercise and nutritional plans tailored to suit you. A Transformation Plan builds on the PT programmes and includes a bespoke holistic wellbeing package to meet your needs. They are designed to help you reach your goals by considering your body type, nutritional likes and requirements, and by keeping you motivated and accountable. During the program, you will learn how to exercise correctly, what types of food are beneficial to your
progress and how to maintain your new lifestyle.
You will meet with your Personal Trainer 1-3 times a week in order to perform your specific workouts. Exactly how often you will train will be decided before you embark upon the plan as this depends upon individual goals and lifestyle. In addition to your personal training sessions, you would be expected to do 1 to 2 sessions on your own. These can be conducted either in the gym, at home or you could join one of our fantastic fitness classes.
Ask at reception or email email@example.com for more information on our bespoke Transformation Plans.
Physiotherapist / Sports Massage
Fitness Republic is pleased to offer an onsite physiotherapy and sports massage clinic, Physio Republic. Our professionally qualified therapist run the clinic throughout the week.
Our team is dedicated to helping our members reduce or cure pain in all areas of their body with hands on treatment and massage. Our sports massage therapist has years of experience and offer individual care plans, helping members to recover from their aches and pains.
Please just get in touch with the gym reception if you would like to make an appointment or for further information.
We take a holistic approach at Fitness Republic and care for your complete health and wellbeing. Food plays a massive part in our everyday health, and we have qualified nutrition coaches on our team who can offer expert advice and support to ensure you take control of your whole body.
They will give you advice on how to track your food intake and help you plan your nutrition to hit your goals and achieve a sustainable, healthy lifestyle. Ask at reception for more information
As a member, you can enjoy our quality-equipped gym, featuring the very latest Cybex Cardiovascular equipment. Our gym includes the amazing Arc Trainers plus Treadmills, Cycles and Rowing Machine.
On the resistance side, we have a fantastic range of machines for every part of your body, plus we have a great range of free weights, including dumbbells up to 60kg, barbells, squat rack, and preacher curl.
We have invested heavily in new running machines, Arc Trainers, Cable Machines Weights, Weight Machines and much more. And if none of this makes sense to you, speak to one of our team who will be able to guide you around our state-of-the-art gym. We have equipment that is suited to everybody.
Our fully air-conditioned studio is home to an extensive programme of fitness and wellbeing classes for everybody to enjoy. Fully equipped with the latest apparatus to help you get the most out of every session.
Our experienced and friendly instructors will help and guide you through the classes, from Pilates to Pump, Spin to HIIT, everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a member to shape up in one of our classes either, so why not bring a friend (charges apply).
We have separate Men’s and Women’s changing facilities. Both are located on the 2nd floor next to the studio and are well equipped. They include showers, with complimentary shower gel and WC’s. Hairdryers and lockers are also available in the women’s changing rooms.
We have lockers available to use. You simply choose your own four-digit code to lock and unlock the lockers. No coins are required. If you need any help working out how to use them, please ask any of our team and they will be happy to assist you.
We are in the heart of Ashby on Market Street and are very easy to find. There are many convenient car parks surrounding the gym, from as little as 80p for 2 hours. Alternatively, you can park on Market Street however please be aware there are parking restrictions of 1 hour, Monday – Saturday 8.00am – 6pm
FITNESS REPUBLIC ETIQUETTE
Below are our general rules. Please ensure you read these as they are for your safety, and the safety and respect of your fellow members. Thank you.
CONDUCT & DRESS
- It is advisable that you wear comfortable clothing such as t-shirt and tracksuit with suitable trainers. For hygiene reasons, please use the cloths and cleaning sprays provided to wipe down equipment after each use.
- Members of Fitness Republic, their guests and visitors, and members of staff should always display mutual respect for each other.
- You should conduct yourself in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the venue by any other person. You may not use foul, loud or abusive language. You may not bring, use or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol in any part of the Club.
- Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the team or in writing to Simon Pellecchia, Director, Fitness Republic.
- We may terminate your membership (if applicable) and may refuse your entry or eject you from a Club if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules or your Membership contract (if applicable) or you engage in any other serious misconduct or activity.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- You must use the main entrance to the venue when entering or leaving.
- Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any non-emergency reason.
- You must read the health and safety notices posted on any equipment or facility and comply with their recommendations.
- You must complete a Pre-Activity Questionnaire before using any facility of the club.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- Please do not use gym equipment for longer than 15 minutes during busy periods.
- You may not use the gym whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillizers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease and/or diabetes you should consult your doctor prior to using a Club.
- You must pre-book classes to ensure your participation in them.
- Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- You are requested not to open the doors whilst a class is in progress.
- In order to avoid disturbing classes, you are requested to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes could be refused to anyone arriving more than five minutes late.
- An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardizing the safety or enjoyment of others.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the club.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 Your membership will begin on the day you join unless otherwise stated.
1.2 When paying by Direct Debit (DD) an initial payment called Pro Rata will be required to cover the period up until your first DD payment
1.3 Your membership is personal to you. You cannot transfer it to another person without our authorisation.
1.4 If Fitness Republic (Ashby) Ltd or the bank/building society makes a mistake with your DD payment, you are guaranteed a full refund from the Bank/building society.
1.5 All DD memberships are subject to a three-month commitment period. There are extreme circumstances where this contract can be broken but you must inform us immediately and dissolving the contract will be at our discretion and subject to a 30- day period.
2.1 You must pay a monthly membership fee, which will be determined by your chosen membership package.
2.2 Monthly instalments will be dues on either 1 st , 8 th , 15 th or 25 th of each calendar month or the next available working day by DD.
2.3 We may change the amount of your monthly payments. If we do, we will contact you on the email address supplied 14 days before the changes take place.
2.4 Monthly fees are payable regardless of attendance on your behalf.
- Cancelling your membership
3.1 Memberships cannot be cancelled prior to the agreed contract length that you have committed to, and the last payment has been made.
3.2 A contract may be cancelled once the final payment has been made: This requires 30 days-notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you must receive a confirmation return email (within 2 working days) before cancelling any Direct Debit in place.
- Club Rules
4.1 You must comply with the club rules/etiquette which form part of this agreement.
4.2 We may change the rules/etiquette at any time. We will post notice of any changes within the club.
- Changing the Agreement
5.1 We can change the agreement at any time. We will give you 14 days notice of this change by contacting you on the email address supplied.
6.1 You are entitled to use the facilities available for your membership package
6.2 You may have to pay additional charges to use certain other facilities / activities at the club.
6.3 Before using any exercise equipment, you must complete a PARQ (Physical Activity Questionnaire). And it is strongly advised to take part in a supervised induction session which can be booked at reception to suit you. We can refuse access to the club facilities if we consider your health may be adversely affected by the use of such facilities. In such circumstances, you will be asked to contact your GP and provide their written consent.
6.4 The club may close or change opening hours during public holiday periods or special events. You will again be notified by email and/or changes will be displayed in the club in advance. No refunds are available for these periods.
6.5 We may change the club’s opening times or withdraw any of the facilities at any time if we need them for events, tournaments or other special activities.
6.6 We may need to close a facility or part of it for repair /refurbishment on the grounds of health & safety or to improve customer service. Fitness classes may also have to be cancelled due to unforeseen instructor unavailability. In all of these circumstances we will use our best endeavours to:
6.6.1 Give as much notice as practically possible by displaying notices in the club
6.6.2 Arrange for alternative facilities during a period of closure.
6.7 Your membership does not give you priority over other users or guarantee the availability of facilities.
6.8 Fitness Republic (Ashby) Ltd management reserve the right to change the activity programme. Prior notice will be given in the club relating to activity cancellations or the introduction of new sessions.
6.9 Some promotions may not apply to existing members.
- Member entry
7.1 You must your personal code / bar code / key tag to sign in at reception when entering the facility.
7.2 Members will be required to have their photograph taken for identification purposes. This will be stored on Fitness Republic (Ashby) Ltd database. This information will solely be used by Fitness Republic (Ashby) Ltd and will not be released to any third
- Younger Members
8.1 If you are aged 13-17 years inclusive, your parent or guardian must be informed of this agreement. Your parent of guardian agrees to be responsible for your behaviour and actions at all times and to pay us any amounts that are due on your behalf.